Followers

Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Side Table with Craftreat Stencils

Hello Everyone,

Hope the summer heat is treating you guys with love.

Today, I have a very summery colour feel project with the Craftreat Dot stencil collection.





I recently bought a plain wood side table and for today's post am revamping it with chalk paints and stencil.

For Furnitures, I usually do not prime them with gesso if they are raw wood. However, if you are planning to revamp an existing furniture with a heavy varnish or polish as top coat, I would suggest sanding off the top layer and then applying the chalk paints. I have used 2 coats of Folkart Sea Villa Chalk paint as the base coat.



Once the base colour was dry, using the dry brush technique I have added Folkart Vinatge Mustard Chalk Paint on the top base and all over the legs of the table. I wanted the mustard colour very muted so I gave a white wash (mixed water with the chalk paint to make it very watery consistency and just dipped brush and with a very light hand painted over the existed colours) to the entire table with Folkart White Adirondack Chalk Paint.

Once dry, I used Folkart Imperial Chalk Paint and on only the top base did some dry brushing. Post this I sanded the entire table. This just helps in giving a very smooth finish to the entire table and if while painting some parts had thicker paints than the others, it helps smoothening those. Also, this helps reveal the coloured layers.



I have then used Folkart Imperial Chalk Paint to trace the Craftreat Dot stencil design on the top of the table. Once dry, the entire table has been given a generous 2 coats of varnish allowing a good 3-4 hours of drying time between each layer.


I hope you liked the project, and try your hands at renovating your home furnitures to your personal styles.

Happy Crafting
Saumya

Products Used













No comments: