Followers

Friday, March 15, 2013

Its Women's Day Celebrations ....

I know I just vanished in December with some hurried posts thanks to my Marriage but am back for good now after a long long 3 months break....

It was tough getting back to crafting after such a long break....my mind rusted and hands not working smooth on paper....but I somehow managed....pics shall soon follow....but today am here for a post dedicated to the women in my life who have inspired me...taught me...loved me....encouraged me in this crafting world....all thanks to a random idea that my friend Tejal sprang up with and Khush and me jumped to.....We encouraged people on our Swap group to make cards for anyone in the crafting world who has inspired them...taught them etc and post the blog post link  anytime between 8th March to 15th March....

Talking about the women in my life ....there are many ...but when I try and confine it to crafting world ...I have made a lot of friends ...been inspired by hundreds and been taught by thousands....but today am dedicating this post to 3 women only!! Sorry others not that I dont love you or I cant credit you but I have my reasons ....

Tejal and Khush were an obvious choice ....not because we are friends but also because they are the ones who have been there through my tough times and inspired me to get on with my crafting drive whenever am low or going through a creative block!!!

Tejal is someone I connect with like soul mate.....with too many similarities that freaks us out...but apart from that ...we are constantly discussing techniques ....inspirations..videos...products ....ideas...(along with a lot of gossip and bitching and cribbing) that have taught me a lot ...made me aware of things that I would have never know and more importantly made my brain work with ideas that flow in seconds.....I know she has undergone a renovation in her crafting style but I made a complete CAS stamped card for her...something that she is famous for ...or rather was famous for (she has not made a CAS Stamped cards in recent times and moved beyond just one style which am really happy about..)  and there are no butterflies or bling :( I did that last time for her birthday so I decided to drop them in this one.....



All stamped up......


The sentiment is a printed out.....and the card idea is something that is inspired by another women from the crafting world.....Neha Bhatt!!

I have interacted with Neha over FB a lot of times but when I met her for the first time in Ahmedabad along with Tejal ..I never imagined I would be inspired by her and the way she crafts...she is someone who never fears to try something new....experiment and innovate and create...does not fear to share her knowledge.....and must say the only crafter till date who is stinkingly neat in her work!!! I had to point out the neatness factor as I have never seen anyone being neat and clean with their crafting projects ...and I say this as I find the photos to be amazing but when I see the final piece in my hand I feel its nothing close to the photos ...but her work certainly is what you see in the photographs. While we chatted over Ice Tea....I realised that she uses a lot of quotes/sentiments written from everywhere...I write them too in my diary since I was in school but never made a card around those quotes/sentiments! I realised this could be real fun and more importantly thats the way cards should be....woven around the sentiment and not have decor with a sentiment where none compliment each other.......and my above card for Tee (Tejal) is thanks to Neha....and since she inspired me to core...I dedicate a card to her too!!




And now coming to the last card or the third woman...oops she is still a naughty....playful kiddo.....sorry Khush :P ..hyper with her reactions and anger but she is like a rocket...rises up and after a burst out calms down....she is super fun and at times drives Tee and me crazy with her constant pings over ideas ...color combos etc etc....but at the end of the day she is someone who encourages me no matter what and gives an honest feedback on my projects (that definitely needs guts.....to say what you think of someone's work ) ..I feel I have known her since ages and the daily calls (sometimes 5 times a day) make me feel she is right there in my town and I can walk up to her house (but thats not true :( *sob *sob).... .She loves pink and is mad about multifolds/fancy folds so I had to come up with something to keep up to her taste!!!


 

The back with a detachable tag....



The card folds flat for posting purpose....sorry in a hurry did not take the flat folded photo...

I just hope the three women like what I have done to show my love and respect towards them...love you all...muuuaahhhh......

5 comments:

Crafterkhush said...

How did you do the third card.. It looks so cool.. Like blocks... and too much Pink... :D.. Me loves.. and that foot print one is also super cool... Definitely different from your usual somu... :D

Tee said...

Love you to bits and pieces. And the translation of those sentiments to card is awesome. Loved the contrast of dark and light on the paper that you printed too!!
And that fold!! I will be forever scratching my head with it!! looks awesome!!
Its amazing if we let someone teach us, how much can we learn!!

Sindhu said...

Hi Saumya! Nice to see you after soooooo many days! :)
I love all the three cards..sentiments are fab. The third one is mind blowing! Fab job..

Shylaashree said...

Welcome back saumya. All the three are very beautiful. particularly that step card.it rocks
Adhiraacreations
Healthy Indian recipes

Sunehra Koshy said...

Wow.. what a wonderful dedication to your dear friends. I think I should do the same for a couple of people that mean a lot to me. Actually as I was reading it, I realized how craft can connect people and keep them glued together. I had a similar experience too.. I think I like your card for Tejal the most. It's so CAS... just fab. And the footsteps card is real cute too.. I did a similar one some time ago.. drop by sometime.
http://craftingtillthecrackofdawn.blogspot.in/2013/01/footprints-in-sand.html