Followers

Friday, March 29, 2013

Multifolds 3: 3D Box Cards/Pop Up Cards

I hope you all have been liking the two sets that I have shared till now...and if you didnt you are free to tell me your views so that I see another perspective to my cards! Today am sharing a fold that I tried for the first time thanks to Tee....I was struggling with the choice of my last and fifth fold and she sent me a link and a pic ...the moment I saw the pic I knew I wanted to do this fold for sure!

The fold is awesome but the problem was the size that we had to do -4x4! Its an odd size which does not allow you to do any embellishing on the background ...and even if you emboss etc it will hardly show...but the problem starts when you feel this and decide to leave it blank...then in the overall effect it looks too blank!Sticky problem there!!

The trick that I would suggest in case you wanna try this fold in the same size 4X4 is that you create a seamless background and then decide to embellish the front so that the overall effect is elevated....never ever do the fold and choose your PP and stick it...actually that would be the worst thing to do for any fold or even a simple card but specially for this card its a sin to choose the PP and stick it....


You will get a clearer picture when I explain it with the individual cards...


I had planned the PP colors and the stamp that I wanted to have.....but soon realised in my trials that there was a lot of blank space look where as there was not much space in actuality to embellish (only half inch on both sides and top too...). After staring at it for a while the only solution I had was to stamp a few extra balloons to embellish the side....


This is what the fold looks like....


I faced the same problem again..... and this was the best solution I could come up with- BLING!


The side view....


 I wasnt so happy with my first two attempts so decided to do something else with the fold.. .I took out my script background stamp ..inked with yellow and stamped on white card stock ....took another stamp ..inked with green and stamped over it and then a tim hotlz flourish stamp with a  brown ink...have a look !



I really loved the effect ....but soon realised that the finished stamped hand created PP cannot be the front flap as it was too busy to further embellish! So I re did the first two layers of stamping only for the front flap....added the sunflowers and the flourish die cuts ....I liked what I saw ...atleast a better effect than the first two!


The side view....

After the above card I knew exactly what I wanted to do for my last card.....


The background PP is hand stamped....using grid stamp from Kaisercraft with yellow ink and the butterfly clock script stamp is a second hand wood mount stamp  I bought from a friend inked with olive green ....the bird cage and the bird are die cuts...the two red flowers are stamped ...added a stick pin and a feather with a touch of bling to give it a wholesome effect....and I loved the outcome!


The side view....

This fold was a total experiment and I have learned from my mistakes ...and by rectifying it ...I could finally come up with something that I was satisfied with!!! I just hope I have been able to help a few out there who would want to try this fold to avoid the mistakes I did and plan their card a lil better than I did! :)


4 comments:

Sindhu said...

Gorgeous fold Saumya! I loved all the cards, last one is my favourite. It looks PERFECT! Love the colours, the stamped flowers are so beautiful, i really thought they were some CS embellishments or something! Your fussy cutting is just perfect..and the red rhine stones complete the look..

SD pooja said...

Wow ! I loved this fold very much and liked each one of the cards..the hand stamped pps are fabulous..n I loved how you added embellishments on such small space !

Hussena said...

I really loved this fold cards too Saumya.. and the way you have explained the whole process of how to go about embellishing such a small dimension and your choices of PP is really very interesting...I really liked all four cards they look so Beautiful!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

I had seen this type of standing pop up on some site and had wanted to try it but forgot all about it.Love the way you have experimented Saumya. Those purple bling flowers look absolutely gorgeous