Followers

Saturday, May 23, 2020

Adding some 'Zing' to Projects with Craftreat Cardstock and Pattern Paper

Hi All,

Hoping that some of us have got a few relief showers by now and the weather is much pleasant than what it was. Also am assuming all of you are getting inspired with the DT members projects, do share some of your love in form of comments to all the members who have helped your imagination power.

So today am here with some cards focusing on the recently released double sided shimmer Cardstock and a wonderful range of Pattern Paper 'Live Today'.

Card:





I have used the 'Double Sided Shimmer Cardstock' for creating the card base and the layering of blue along with the green die cut layer. I have stamped and coloured the image from My Favourite Things Recipe to Happiness Stamp and Die set to complete the card. The sentiment is also stamped on the cardstock directly with archival ink from the same stamp set.



That shimmer or addition of slight bling is to die for.


Postcard:


I usually write postcards to my nieces and nephews on a regular basis and so this time I decided to create my own postcards with the theme of current weather in play. I die cut the cityscape nightline and cityscape silhouette using the 'Double Sided Shimmer Cardstock'.  The cloudy weather in Mumbai was best depicted by the 'Live Today' pattern paper with clouds all over and a flying kite which served as the perfect backdrop to the cityscape.







I then have stamped and die cut a few clouds and popped them up with a double tape just to give some dimension. Then taking the shimmery blue double sided cardstock I gave the postcard its final base. The sentiment is handwritten.


Banner:



This was not planned as a DT inspiration but I would still love to share it with you all. I am so much in love with the double sided cardstock that I used it for a friend's birthday banner and believe me it was an instant hit with the guests. I have tried to alternate the alphabets with both the sides of the same cardstock (they are beautifully colour cordinated and served my purpose to the fullest). The photographs were taken for personal use but I decided to share them anyway hence please pardon the quality (Sorry no alternative photographs were taken)


Hope you like the projects and do leave your valuable comments and suggestions below.

Saumya



Products Used 





No comments: