Followers

Monday, October 1, 2012

Birthdays.....Phew!!!!

How often do you forget to wish people on their birthday??? Well with the onset of new technologies that have developed around us...am sure its hard to forget but still am sure for a few close ones in your list...its  a little more than just wishing and getting away with it!!!

Planning a birthday surprise is not an easy job and keeping track on things is still far from being easy!! Lists everywhere ...folded into a diary...into a book....looking for where did you leave the last list that you made at 2 in the night....is what I end up with....How about you??? Let me know if you are more organised and can handle this better...please pass on the tips...I need it urgently!!!

Well till then, I found myself a solution....and a rather colorful one  just to keep up my spirits ....and give me that boost every time the pressure knocks me down.....(Colors work wonders for me)...I made myself a BIRTHDAY ORGANISER/PLANNER!!! yayayaya...my first handmade organiser!!!  Its a 6x8 size...Also I feel this is a workable idea for kids actually I made it for them in my exhibition....hehehe




I multiplied this for my exhibition though ....so the inside was simple due to lack of time!!! But before I show you whats inside....there's a confession!!!

 I would not  lie when it comes to the inspiration part of it.....yess it knocked at my door when I made my way through the shelves of the very famous "Archies Store" .....have a look...



That's the pocket ....they have...and they have used up two sheets of paper!!! and have tabs for each month.....


This is where the basic idea stepped in...but the style or technique they have used is very different...and I would like to try this one someday....

I, of course used just a 12x12 sheet and folded them to get similar pockets.....a tutorial that I saw on the famous "youtube"channel....and the results where awesome...so its a mix of two ideas merged into one to adapt and create my own planner/organiser!!!


As you can see, I ended up with three pockets per page....you will understand it better after the next photograph....so just hold on


If you see above the January and the February sides are made with one single 12x12 sheet folded up....yess ....so I have a half pocket on the January side....a half pocket on the February side and a middle common pocket...so that comes to three pockets per page.....wow....enough space to store up a lot of things....guest list...shopping list etc....for every month separately ...and a few birthday cards in the common pocket.....is'nt it amazing!!!



I die cut and printed the months....and popped them up on a dimensional....since I used up my Echo Park Paper stack and they as you can see are damn colorful....I thought adding more embellishments would make it crowded!!!  However, if I had the time I would love to  add tags into to....but maybe I will give it a thought now....have a look at the other pages!!!





I have used up left over cardboard for the front and back covers....and covered it up with handmade paper and the insides with Echo Park paper....and binded it up with binder rings....now as it can be opened up thanks to the rings....one can add up a lot of extra pages as and when required....one can have a stack of plain papers punched and put in the end...so that one does not have to look for paper for notes to be jotted down and then they can be easily removed to accommodate in the respective pockets.....nice idea is'nt it???....actually one can add a lot of other things as well...but that I leave to you guys to figure it out for yourself...and use your own imagination and creativity for the same!!!

And I would love to hear your ideas being shared here with me.....I believe in sharing ideas for that helps us grow....

Entering this for Crafty Bloggers Network-Anything Goes

Forever Friends Challenge-Anything Goes

The Pink Elephant Challenge-Banners

Use Your Stuff-Banners 

15 comments:

Crafterkhush said...

suppak!!

MEGHA said...

super creative !!!!!
megha
http://meghanuj01.blogspot.in/

Shubhra said...

Woohoo...Superb Saumya ! Love everything about it :)

Sakhi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sakhi said...

This is just superb, as usual :-)

Unknown said...

woahh real gud.. :)

Barbara said...

This is amazing! What a great idea.
Thanks for playing along this week on the Use Your Stuff Challenge.

Tanya said...

This is fantastic, easy to see a lot of work went into this.

Thanks for joining us at Forever Friends Challenge Blog Fortnightly Challenge :)

Tanya xx

yyam said...

Wow! What a fun array of colours and patterns. Looks amazing! Now you are all organized! :)

Angela Drummond said...

great projects, thanks for joining us over at the CBN Challenge this month
Hugs
Ang
Crafty Bloggers Network DT
My Blog: A Crafty Blether

Sheri Gilson said...

Wonderful project!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant this week!!

Sarah Louise said...

Great project. Thanks for joining in with the Crafty Bloggers Network monthly challenge

Sarah (CBN DT)

Jaya Christina said...

The question I have is... How did you make those pockets? Made them separately and then stuck them to the base?

Saumya said...

Jaya ...in the blog I have clearly mentioned its a single 12 X 12 sheet folded to get the desired results of pockets....they are not stuck separately

Jaya Christina said...

Ah ok. sorry my imagination doesn't seem to be working.. Did read it though.. Silly me!