Followers

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Trick or Treat-Its Halloween!!!

Yess...its almost time for the BIG BIG Halloween ...though its not a big deal in India but it of course is the festivity time in most parts of the world......My nephew and niece have recently settled down from Denver to Bangalore and are visiting me ....in order to give them a feel of Halloween so that they dont miss the celebrations there...I decided to make them some treat boxes....I have been on a roll recently with gift packaging and treat bags etc ...(pics coming soon)...so I surfed and surfed unless I found something worthwhile on the youtube and here I am with my version .....


I had a few Halloween themed PP and die cuts from Oh My Crafts which I had been hoarding for last 4 years (they were a gift from my friend for all those Indian crafter friends raising their eyebrows) and finally just when I decided that maybe I should give it away or sell it .....my kiddos arrive and am able to use them up....sooooo yayayya ...am doing the happy dance!!!


The side slit that you see is where you can push in the treats from.....both ends have those slits.....the girl's dress and headband are separate die cuts which have been stuck on the figure ....


I particularly love this one ....because of the colours ...the dress and the hat are paper pieced...


Another angle....the two figures have been popped up with the help of dimensionals on the standing piece...


Hope you all like this .....as this is my first time with Halloween projects!!!

Entering this for Clear It Out Challenge-The Gift Challenge

Die Cuttin Divas-Use Pumpkin

Shopping Our Stash-Trick or Treat

Eureka Stamps-Halloween and/or Spooky

Forever Friends Challengeblogortnightly-Halloween/Autumn

Kaboodle Doodles-Pumpkin Patch or Anything Fall

Cutie Pie Challenge-Halloween

The Pink Elephant-Trick or Treat (Treat Holders)

Itsy Bitsy India-Make it Dimensional

Scrapalicious usa-Halloweenie

Love to Create-Trick or Treat-Something Sweet

Pin and Tack-Anything Goes

31 comments:

Sindhu said...

Hi Saumya! The images are so cute.. And the treat boxes are done so well...great! I am sure the kids will love them :)

Itsy Bitsy said...

Hi Saumya - your work is a class apart - really different, unusual and so cute! Love dropping by and checking your blog. Thanks so much for playing along our Make it Dimensional Challenge - All the very best!
ItsyBitsy - The Blog Place

Hussena said...

Oh this is absolutely adorable...love these treat boxes:)

Creations by Shirl said...

Great treat boxes - they are fun to make! Thanks for joining us at FF challenge and hope to see you on our next challenge.
Shirl ~ DT

Wendy Fraser said...

Oh wow, these are just so cute! Such fun designs. Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie xx

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

What cute and adorable gift boxes! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Pumpkin Patch /Anything Fall” Challenge!

Kath
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Lori said...

Adorable Halloween boxes!!

Gerda said...

These treat boxes are SUPER CUTE!!!!
Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Sassy Raggedy said...

Your treat boxes are adorable..I love them...

Thanks so much for sharing with us here at Eureka Stamps. Hope to see you again next week also. joann sassy raggedy DT

Kristie Maynard said...

Wonderful! Who wouldn't love these little treat boxes?!?! Thanks for joining the Eureka! Stamps challenge.

Tee said...

So so cute!! eeeekssss!! as I said, lend me your hoarded stuff or lend me your friend!!
a big hug to the kiddos!!

Diary Card Fairy said...

Great job! Thanks for joining us at the Caboodle Doodles.

Sandy Trefger said...

These are so fun! What a wonderful way to share candy treats! Thanks for joining us at the Clear It Out Challenge and for sharing your gift with us!
~sandy
visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

yyam said...

Oh wow! These are adorable! I'm sure your nephew and niece will love them! :)

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute Trick-or-Treat containers!! Thanks so much for sharing them with us at The Pink Elephant!!

Michelle Looi said...

Yes i like them! They are both cute! Thank you for playing along at Kaboodle Doodles!
~Michelle

Diane Louise J said...

Fabulous treat boxes. Thanks for joining us at Forever Friends 'Halloween/Autumn' Challenge. Good Luck in the draw and hope to see you again soon. Diane x

Unknown said...

Oh, you did a wonderful job on these. So happy you have visitors who will snap them up. "Never give up, and dance on!"
Do you have the template that you used on these or is the box a die cut?
Thanks for playing along with us this week at Eureka Stamps Challenge Blog.

Saumya said...

Hey Sara I can give you the measurement...its neither...I cut the required size and scored ..folded and stuck it up

Leslie Hanna said...

The kids will love those treat boxes. Very nicely done, especially for your first Halloween project. Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Hi Saumya,
I love your treat box...awesome! I have to agree with you that our broadcast world can't ever compete our passion for crafts :)Thanks for visiting my blog and would love to welcome you again as my follower if you like!
Hugs,
Asmah

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Wonderful! Thanks so much for joining us at Scrapalicious. I just love the halloween paper on the box on the left, the paisley shape. That's too awesome. Great work. I hope you will keep playing with us! Cheers, Holley

Jackie Randolph said...

Fantastic and Fun little treat boxes, I am sure the kiddos are going to love them!!! Fab papers and great paper piecing! Thanks for playing along with us at Love to Create Challenge!

Hugs'
Jacki - Love to Create Challenges

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

I love your sweet treat holders. Great job on your paper piecing.
Thanks so much for joining us at Clear It Out challenges. We hope to see you again.
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Unknown said...

A beautiful sweet boxes, a great design and wonderful colours....thanks for joining us this week at cutie pie.
kaz.xx

Alica said...

cute little boxes... perfect for treats! love the idea!
Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Hugs, Alica ;)

Corrinne said...

WOW, Sauyma! Love, love, love 'em :) Thank you for sharing it with us at Clear It Out Challenges!

Lots of joy,
Corrinne

J. Christoffersen said...

These are just so cute and amazingly detailed. Thanks for playing along with the Clear it Out Challenge this week!
Jennifer - Clear it Out DT

Lynn's Place said...

Love it all great take on the challenge..tfs

Barbara Godden said...

Super cute "gifts| for the challenge thanks for joining us at clear it out for the gift exchange

Unknown said...

These treat boxes are fabulous, love them and would love to get one for my halloween gift.
Thank you for sharing and joining us at the Clear It Out Challenge Blog,