Followers

Thursday, May 28, 2020

A Key holder with Craftreat Ganesha

Hi Everyone,

Happy Ganesh Puja!! We, in Maharashtra celebrate Ganapati for almost 10 days and it is one of the main festivals and the most lively one here. The festivities and drums just roll for these 10 days and that spikes up your spirits. So today, am paying my tribute to this cute God and His Glory.




I have taken a scrap of wood and painted it with Black Gesso. Once dry, I rubbed some wax/candle wax on the edges. I have then divided the scrap of wood into four equal parts and coloured them with different folkart chalk paint colours and folkart multisurface colours of my choice. 







Once dry, I scrapped the areas where I had applied wax/candle wax to reveal the black gesso underneath. 




Post that, I have used some wax on the coloured area to create an aged look. Then, taking the Craftreat stencils I have painted four different Ganesha's on the four different coloured panels with folkart black chalk paint.


 After it was completely dry, I have applied two coats of varnish allowing 2-3 hours for each layer to dry.  


After the varnish layer was completely dry, I have fixed the hooks below and behind to turn the piece into a keyholder. 

I hope you like what I have created and use these stencils in many more innovative ways. Do share your projects too .

Happy Crafting 

Saumya



Product Used:


No comments: