Followers

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Upcycling Laptop Cover with Craftreat Decoupage Papers!!!

Hello Everyone

Saumya here with an upcycle project today. I have owned this clear plastic laptop cover for almost 4 years now and the moment Priya sent me these beautiful new released decoupage papers from Craftreat I knew my cover definitely needed some renovation. I first removed my laptop cover from the laptop so that I do not damage the laptop with paints etc.



As I was using Decoupage papers all through I did not feel the need for the gesso layer. I have used two sheets of paper. The center piece with the peacock is one design and the two victorian blue design papers on the two sides you see is another sheet.

I trimmed the Victorian Blue Design from the middle and with the help of Mod Podge, glued them on the two sides of the cover. I then took the Peacock Design paper and tore them from the two sides to give uneven edges. I then adhered it to the cover using Mod Podge. I allowed it to dry after which I gave a generous coat of Mod Podge over the entire paper. Once dry I sanded the edges all over and removed all extra paper. Then stenciled some scripts using Brown Chalk Paints.


After the stenciling was dry I have applied two step crackle medium all over. Using Brown and Black Waxes I have distressed the edges and highlighted only a few cracks here and there. Once dry I coated the entire surface with a varnish.


I also painted the back cover of my laptop to give it a wholesome renovated look and kept the colours close to the top cover.


I applied two coats of Black Gesso allowing a few hours of drying time between the coats. Once dry I randomly took a candle and rubbed it on the edges. One can also use clear wax or any other resist technique mediums. Then a single coat of Blue Chalk Paint as I wanted a little black to show underneath the blue. Once dry I scrapped out the top layer of paint on the places where I had rubbed with a candle to reveal the black gesso layer. I have then taken Brown and Black Waxes to distress the edges and used a little on the other areas too.


Once satisfied, I finished it with two coats of varnish.



Once dry I put it where it belonged...on my laptop!!!


Its upto you how you want to place the peacock. In the closed position my cover has the peacock upside down (head towards the laptop opening junction) as I want to flaunt it and decided that people seeing  me use the laptop should be able to see the actual design.

So in the open condition the design would look like this....



Hope you like the project and get inspired to upcycle or renovate your laptop or mobile covers. The options are endless with Craftreat Decoupage Papers!!!


Saumya


Products Used:


No comments: