Followers

Sunday, May 31, 2020

Quick and Easy Kids Accessories with Craftreat Paper Packs

Hello Everyone

As a child, I loved having my personal accessories like cute bags to store my dolls dresses or a travel kit to keep me busy. I loved decorating my pencil box or tiffin box with stickers etc as I didn’t know any other way to personalize it then. But now as a skilled crafter I have ways to personalize anything and everything and the greatest pleasure  to me is when I can personalize things for my nephews and nieces.

So today I have got some quick and easy ways to personalize accessories for kids using  Craftreat Fairy Tale Paper Pack and Craftreat Mr. Perfect Paper Pack. These projects are so easy and quick that with little or almost no supervision from elders the kids could do it by themselves.

Project 1: Pencil Box/Stationary Box

I had a nice box from a pen gift set that I had received long back which I have upcycled as a pencil/stationary box.  The box top is the only thing that needed a makeover and the Mr. Perfect Paper Pack had just the right colours and elements that I needed to upcycle it. 


I cut the paper of my choice as per the dimensions of the top of the box and with the help of Mod Podge glued it down. I have then used the bonus die sheet and removed three ties and a sentiment “Limited Premium Edition” and with the help of mod podge glued them down as per my design. After allowing a little drying time I have applied two generous coats of Mod Podge on top and sealed it.



A perfect gift/item for a young boy.  To further personalize it one could add the kid’s name.



Project 2: File Folder

This could go for both a girl and a boy. I have taken an already existed plain file folder and decorated the top layer. 



I have take a paper of my choice from the Fairy Tale collection and cut it to size. With the mod podge the paper has been glued to the file surface. I have then cut out a strip of  prince and princess  and with the help of mod podge glued it down too. 




I have then stamped the sentiment “Follow Your Dreams” and the swirl with Archival ink and applied two generous coats of mod podge to seal it.



Project 3: Pen Stand or Drinking Cup

I have taken an existed white cup and upcycled it.  I took the bonus die cut sheet and removed a moustache from Mr. Perfect paper pack and the sentiment “Prince Charming “ from Fairy Tale paper pack.


I have then glued it down with the help of mod podge and then applied two generous coat of  it to seal it. This serves a pen stand or drinking cup too.

If you want to use it for drinking please ensure that you do not apply mod podge on the top rim of the cup where the mouth would get any contact with the cup.


Project 4: Trinket Box

Girls love trinket boxes to store their nitty gritty jewellery pieces or to carry their doll dresses or their personal accessories around.  So I have upcycled a metal box for the same purpose.


I have used a back drop of an old book page and painted it with acrylic paints of my choice and over it I have glued down the elements from the Fairy Tale die cut sheet. I decided to give the princess the sword in hand in order to depict or tell my niece that girls need to be strong enough to protect themselves.


This trinket box could serve as a travel kit too carrying crayons and some colouring sheets for a road trip or flight.


Hope you like the projects and share you creations with us too. 

Happy Crafting 
Saumya 


Products Used




No comments: