Followers

Friday, May 29, 2020

Festivities Continue with Craftreat

Hello Everyone,

Hope you are having a beautiful Sunday morning and that the preparations for Dussera and Diwali are on full swing. 

If you have seen my previous post Its Diwali Time with Craftreat, you would know that I have already started my Diwali decor preparations. Today's post is a continuation to it. 

This Diwali as my previous post suggests, I am not just changing my linens and cleaning up but adding some new elements here and there to create interesting nooks and corners.

Project 1: 

Buddha is one of my favourite personalities to have in and around a house and though I have been wanting to buy something nice for a long time now, I decided to do it myself with the Craftreat Buddha stencil for this Diwali.

Keeping the concept of Buddha attaining His Enlightenment under the Bodhi Tree, I have tried a very simple mixed media canvass.


 The Canvass hence has few prominent elements apart from the main element of Buddha's face.
1.Leaves and the overall colour scheme signifying the tree under which Buddha sat for meditation.
2. The numericals signifying knowlegde He received.
3. The Roses signifying  the attainment of complete Enlightment, like knowledge blooming within.



My first layer on the canvass is left over decoupage paper and newspapers with written script. over which I have applied a layer of gesso to tone down the print.

My second layer had acrylic, multisurface and chalk paints -Cream, Yellow, Different shades of Green, Blue and Golden in a very light single coat mixed with gesso to tone down the colours.

I have then stamped the leaves and coloured them with paints. I dropped a few drops of blue on the top of the canvass and sprayed a bit of water and allowed it to freely flow down.


I then took a bubble wrap and dipped in gesso and stamped it in a couple of places.


My next step involves getting the Buddha face done in black paint with the help of Craftreat Stencil. The crown area and ear lobes have been given a copper gold touch with the help of Sharpies. The center forehead spot has a line of red paint.



I thought the canvas looked very green with no highlights so near the leaves I have added a bit blue and gold with the help of small square stencils. 




 I used a numeric stencil on top to signify the knowledge that Buddha attained.


The edges lacked definition hence I used bottle/dark green on the sides here and there.


The last and final addition was to add the stamped and coloured image of roses signifying the full completion of Enlightenment and the knowledge blooming within. 


I have added the roses with the help of a double sided tape to give it dimension.

Project 2:

Apart from all the decor I wanted something fun and quirky for my restrooms, as that would be another area my guests would pay a visit during the Diwali party!!! 

So I added a fun signboard to both my restrooms.


I have used a jar shaped MDF base for this and coloured it with black chalk paint. One can also use black gesso.

Keeping in mind the festive mood, I then took some gold acrylic paints and traced the Craftreat Stencils - On one base I traced a man and the second one a woman.


I then took the same gold paint and coloured the edges all over. Once dried I tied a golden thread on the neck of the jar.


I splattered some gold paint on the overall surface with the help of a paint brush and wrote "His" and "Her" on the respective bases.




Project 3:

I had some more decoupage paper left so I decided to do another bottle like the ones in my previous post Its Diwali Time with Craftreat



It follows the same process like the previous bottles. I have just used red and pink colours on this one to match the decoupage paper.


I hope I have been able to inspire you enough to plan your own customised decor for the festivities. Do share with us what you create, we would love to see them.

Happy Crafting 
Saumya


Products Used:





No comments: