Followers

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Easy and Quick Gifts with Craftreat Poppy Lane.

Hi Everyone,

This is Saumya here today with the new released Craftreat Poppy Lane Paper Pack. This pack is gorgeous and has some gold foiled designs included too. 

This Paper Pack is self sufficient for some really quick cards or wall art. I figured a way a year back on how to replace cards with framed messages. So basically, you design them like cards but you dont need a folded card base, instead you frame them so that the receiver could either put it up on a wall or on their desk.

So this is exactly what I am going to show you. I will be using only Craftreat 'Poppy Lane' paper pack, Craftreat Cardstocks (Black, Red and Gold), trimmer and glue. Yes, that's all you need to whip out some really quick and beautiful gifts for your loved ones.


This pack has 12 designs and each design has 2 sheets. I have picked up both the sheets of the last design that you can see with the journal cards.




I have taken the 4*6 journaling card  as the base.  Then I have taken the  3*2 sentiment journaling card and mounted it on a black cardstock and then adhered it at the center of the base. 




I have again chosen the same design of 4*6 journaling card as the base. This time I have taken 4*3 printed journaling card and mounted it on a golden cardstock and adhered it at the center of the base. Then I have mounted a 3*2 sentiment journaling card on some double sided tape to give dimension and adhered to the center. 




I took the other design available in the 4*6 journaling card and mounted it on a golden cardstock for the base. Adhered a golden cardstock strip horizontally across the base. Over it, I have adhered a 4*3 printed journaling card mounted on a red cardstock. The 3*2 sentiment journaling card has then been adhered over it with the help of double sided tape to give some dimension. 




Here, again the second design of 4*6 journaling card is acting as the base, over which I have just taken a photograph mounted it on a golden cardstock and stuck it at the center.

You can see for yourself these are super easy and quick gifts that one can make and yet each one looks different and very pretty.  Now, all they need is good framing. 

I was so happy with the above results that I decided to continue making some more of these with the smaller sized (4*3) jourmaling cards.



Just added a gold cardstock strip in between the 4*3 journaling card and the 3*2 sentiment journaling card.




Here, I have added a broader black cardstock strip in between the two journaling cards. 




In this one, I added a gold cardstock vertical strip in between the two journaling cards.



Here, I stuck the two journaling cards together and ran two thin gold cardstock strips over them horizontally.

These, once framed can be such a lovely gift that can be kept on the desk of the receiver and the sentiments would always be a reminder of the love from the sender. 

Having done these I thought that the other designs in the paper pack are also very beautiful and can be put to similar use for bigger wall art. 




So I chose one design and cut the 12*12 paper to 11*6. Then like the above, I adhered one of the printed journaling card mounted on gold cardstock where I thought it would look nice and then adhered the sentiment journaling card over it mounted on a gold cardstock. This is now ready to be framed and gifted or to be hung on my own wall. 


So with limited supplies and just one paper pack you can create many such framed messages/wall art or cards ....Hope you like the projects and dont forget to  show us what you create with this paper pack.

Happy Crafting

Saumya

No comments: